Our busy optometry office is currently seeking a Medical Insurance Verification Specialist for a full-time position.
Principle duties and responsibilities:
* Verify insurance eligibility for both medical and vision insurances for upcoming appointments by utilizing online websites or contacting carriers directly.
* Review patient deductibles and/or copays and enter the information into patients’ charts prior to appointment.
* Assist front office staff in clerical duties including reception, answering the phone, scheduling patients, maintaining patient demographic information, and fee slip entry.
Qualifications and skills:
* Strong knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures.
* College degree or equivalent experience.
* Excellent phone communication skills.
* Strong computer background and comfortable with data entry programs.
* Possession of strong problem-solving skills and sound judgement.
* Knowledge of customer service principles and practices.
* Ability to be proactive and take initiative.
* As a healthcare office, we require all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19.